The Department of Chemistry at the University of Illinois
General Chemistry Program FAQ
Welcome to the General Chemistry Office -- the following are answers to the six most often asked questions. We handle only Chem 101-205.
- When and where is the Chemistry Proficiency Exam given? -- This exam is offered at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters. Check the lighted glass case outside Room 107 Chem Annex for dates of the examination or read more about the Chemistry Proficiency Exam. You do not need to sign up. Be sure to take a calculator, pencils, and a photo ID with you to the exam.
- How can I make changes in my chemistry course schedule?-- You need to log onto Enterprise Applications and make the changes you want. If you have attempted the change via Enterprise Applications and cannot get the section you want just keep trying or speak with Tom Hummel - 7 Chem Annex.
- How can I find out what my lab schedule is?-- Consult your lab experiment book for your lab schedule. The schedule included is correct.
- Where can chemistry tutors be found?-- There will be tutors in Room 211 Chem Annex, also called the Chemistry Learning Center, beginning each semester from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday thru Friday, FREE of charge.
- What are the dates, times, locations of hour and final exams? -- For your convenience, we have posted this information in the glass case outside Room 101 Chem Annex. It will also be posted on the course web site. More general information on final exam schedules can be found at http://www.fms.uiuc.edu/FinalExams.
- How do I make an appointment with my advisor? -- To find out who your advisor is, please consult the list below or stop by room 110A or 110B.
If you need additional information, please feel free to give the staff a call at 217/333-3015. Thank you and have a good day!