The Department of Chemistry at the University of Illinois
General Chemistry Program FAQ
Welcome to the General Chemistry Office -- the following are answers to the six most often asked questions. We handle only Chem 101-205.
- When and where is the Chemistry Proficiency Exam given? -- This exam is offered twice at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters. Check the Chemistry Proficiency Exam web page which will be updated when an exam room is arranged. There is a link to a registration page, but registration is not required. Be sure to take a calculator, pencils, and a photo ID with you to the exam.
- How can I make changes in my chemistry course schedule?-- You need to log onto Enterprise Applications and make the changes you want. If you have attempted the change via Enterprise Applications and cannot get the section you want just keep trying or speak with Tom Hummel - 367D Noyes Lab.
- Where can chemistry tutors be found?-- There will be tutors in Room 230 Davenport Hall, also called the Chemistry Learning Center, beginning each semester from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday thru Friday, FREE of charge. Tutors are available for help with specific questions related to course work only. They are not available for extended supplemental teaching.
- What are the dates, times, locations of hour and final exams? -- Exam information will be available in class and on the course web site. Room assignments will be made available closer to the exam dates. More general information on final exam schedules can be found at: http://www.fms.illininois.edu/FinalExams.
- How do I make an appointment with my advisor? -- To find out who your advisor is, please consult the web site below or stop by room 110A-C Noyes Lab.
School of Chemical Sciences Academic Advising Office
110 Noyes Lab, MC-712
If you need additional information, please feel free to give the staff a call at 217/333-3015. Thank you and have a good day!